The societyMarch 20, 2023 2023-03-21 13:22
About Geospatial Society of Kenya
The GEOSPATIAL SOCIETY OF KENYA is a not-for-profit professional organization dedicated to the advancement and/or dissemination of information relating to all aspects of the GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS.
The Society was founded with the aim of establishing a premier public-benefit professional organization that represents the interests of the various of Geospatial professionals, organizations and companies throughout the country. It is a Society of individual members, corporate entities and student all of whom seek advancement and excellence in the services that they deliver and/or receive for public.
GEOSK seeks to supports the role of a prosperous and sustainable geospatial industry to provide reliable, affordable, efficient and working solutions for a complex and rapidly growing market, and to translate sustainable development agendas and visions (i.e Vision 2030) into implementable goals for the industry. GEOSK will support national collaboration among its members by providing platforms such as conferences/seminars/workshops, working groups and more for the progress of geospatial professions in all its fields and applications. GEOSK will forge close cooperation with other local and international bodies, and its sister associations to become globally recognized as the leading national not-for-profit organization on geospatial technologies and its related fields.
As a not-for-profit professional organization, GEOSK is dedicated to the advancement of the geospatial profession by development and dissemination of information relating to all aspects of the GEOSPATIAL INFORMATION & TECHNOLOGY AND ITS APPLICATIONS
To spearhead professional activities for the geospatial industry in Kenya and across in order to advance professional capacity of the members and enhance public value of geospatial professions.
To be a premier geospatial professional body by promoting professional development, delivering quality public service and growing value of geospatial professions globally.
In furtherance exclusively of the foregoing main objective, the society shall have the following subsidiary objects:
- To encourage, support and engender innovation, development and appropriate use of geospatial technologies.
- To provide a national forum for the exchange of information about geospatial professions and for the development of fellowship among specialists and individual professionals.
- To promote high standards of research, education and training for geospatial related programmes in academic institutions and to facilitate continuing professional development (CPD) among its members.
- To promote the role of the geospatial professions in the various verticals of the application of geospatial technologies.
- To promote professional standards and codes of ethics and capacity development in the practice of geospatial professions.
- To encourage, support and engage in research in all disciplines of geospatial technologies and to disseminate the results.
- Promote geospatial awareness and capacity training in Kenya through seminars, technical workshops, conferences, exhibitions, career talks and other applicable platforms and avenues.
- To promote the development of domain specific groups of geospatial professions and universities student groups and ensure their activities are productive.
- To act as advisors to organizations and individuals using and/or planning to use GIS Technology.
- To promote and disseminate research in the use, application and advancement of GIS technology in Kenya Enabling opportunities for geospatial education and training.